telSpoed & crisis

When do we get involved?

We get involved with your family if there are concerns about your child’s safety. You cannot register yourself. Your child or children are always registered with us through another organisation. This is possible in the following situations:

  • At the request of a local team or sometimes during an investigation by the Child Protection Board, we offer help in a voluntary form – preventive youth protection
  • The juvenile court has decided that your child will be placed under supervision – supervision order (ondertoezichtstelling or OTS)
  • The juvenile court has decided that we will (temporarily) exercise custody of your child – guardianship
  • Your child is suspected of or convicted of a criminal offense – Juvenile Probation Service (JR).